What must I do if I am a victim of domestic violence?

#16Days of Activism

#EndGBV #ActAgainstAbuse

Approach the local Magistrate Court and request assistance in bringing an application for a Protection Order.

The Clerk of the Court will assist you to complete the necessary forms and take you before a Magistrate who will determine whether to grant the Order or not.

Which Court should I approach?

Approach the Court nearest to where you live or work. If you were forced to leave your place of residence as a result of the violence and are living elsewhere temporarily, you may approach the Court closest to your temporary residence.

Here is a list of all the courts: https://www.justice.gov.za/contact/lowercourts_full.html

Find more information by visiting the websites of the South African Police Service and the Department of Justice and Constitutional Development:



Share iNdaba Zabantu

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Translate »