Family members demanding answers after bus crash

By Iviwe Makhasi

The families of the victims of the bus crash on the freeway between Butterworth and East London call on the authorities to prosecute the bus owners after their bus has killed their families.

The accident happened on Monday, 16 August after the bus lost control and overturned.

The bus was transporting passengers from Cape Town to various places around Eastern Cape, and it was the DMJ bus company.

Many people flocked to the Woodbrook mortuary in East London August 17 to identify the bodies of the victims and their family members.

Many of the deceased were severely injured that they could not be identified.

Other victims are from various towns including Qumbu, Xhora, Mthatha and other areas in the OR Tambo district.

East London’s Forensic Pathology manager said several bodies had been identified and that they were still waiting for more families of victims to arrive and be able identify their relatives and that if other families failed to match, they would assist with DNA testing.

The bus spokesperson said that because the driver also has not survived to that accident, there is no report of the cause of the accident and the research is still ongoing.

Share iNdaba Zabantu

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

css.php
Translate »